ProjectLove is underway - redevelopment update
Over the past three years the Barwon Health Foundation in partnership with the community has been raising funds for ProjectLove – the Andrew Love Cancer Centre Redevelopment.
The redevelopment will include the upgrade andrefurbishment of the Chemotherapy Day Ward and the Oncology Pharmacy. Whilst we continue to raise funds to support this project and other needs of the Andrew Love Cancer Centre, we are excited to advise that the architects have finalised the planning and design and the redevelopment is expected to be completed by the end of 2018.
The redevelopment will make a big difference to the 2,400 people diagnosed with Cancer each year in our region and will offer our patients and their families the following benefits:
• Provide clinicians and pharmacists with more efficient facilities to support the continued growth in the volume of manufactured chemotherapy drugs
• A private space for the individual counselling of patients, particularly with the increase use of oral chemotherapy treatments and take home medication
• A direct link between the Oncology Pharmacy and Day Ward to allow for safer and more efficient transport and delivery of drugs
• The specialised Oncology Pharmacy Dispensary will minimise the need for patients to visit the main hospital pharmacy
• Improved facilities will provide patients easieraccess to oncology and haematology clinical trials with a purpose built clinical trials area.
Chemotherapy Day Ward
• More privacy and space for patients and their families via cubicle style treatment bays
• A more comfortable layout for patients and staff ensuring more efficient care and treatment
• Upgraded décor to provide patients with a calm comfortable environment
• Upgraded food and beverage station for volunteers to provide a better service to patients during their treatment
• An improved workstation for medical staff to enable enhanced visibility of patients during their treatment
• A family treatment bay providing a more comfortable for patients receiving treatment while caring for children.