The Barwon Health Foundation is passionate about supporting the lifesaving and life-enhancing work of Barwon Health, all across the organisation.
As a Foundation we are in awe of the compassion, comfort and care that Barwon Health provide to our community, each and every day.
And that's why, it recently gave us such pleasure to award the first round of successful grant applicants in March this year.
The Barwon Health Foundation grant awards were established to ensure the Foundation are investing in the equipment, care and projects of greatest priority and need across Barwon Health.
The inaugural round received an overwhelming response and the Foundation Grants Committee were overcome by both the number and quality of applications received.
Congratulations to all the successful applications -
- Children's Ward - Paediatric cots & temporal thermometers
- Safety and Quality Unit - Refurbishment of the mortuary bereavement room
- Ambulatory Rehabilitation - ECG machine for outpatient cardiac patients
- Orthopaedics - Equipment for early hip fracture rehabilitation
- Wallace Lodge - Bench seating for the entrance
- Intensive Care Unit - Refurbishment of waiting space for family and visitors of patients
- MND Clinic - Shower buddy for patient support
- Aboriginal Health - iPad pro and accessories to assist with "Yarning about Hospital" program
- Alan David Lodge - Outdoor improvements to provide space for patients to enjoy
- Vascular Surgery - Toe pressure machine for better evaluation of peripheral arterial disease outcomes
- Blakiston Lodge - Recliners chairs for comfort and quality of care for dementia patients
- Birthing Suites - Breast pump
- Maternity Services - Fetal monitors for midwifery clinic
- Corio Community Health Centre - Exercise bikes for Corio Physio Exercise Group
- Emergency Department - Treatment chair for eye room
- Special Care Nursery - Recliner chairs to facilitate skin to skin care for families
- Maternity Services - iStat machine
- RAPU - Sara Steady
- Inpatient Rehabilitation - Thera-Trainer Tigo stationary assisted cycling machines
- Andrew Love Cancer Centre Dayward - Chemotherapy Trolleys
- Maternity Services - CPAP machine
- Staff Care - Smokerlyser PICO devices to assist with smoking cessation
- Maternity Ward - Fetal monitor
- Cancer Services - SOZO machine
- Community Health - X-Sensor Foresite SS system
- Department of Diabetes - Insulin pump therapy
- Volunteer Services - New vehicles for patient transport program
- Child Health Research Unit - Contribution to low temperature upright freezer for Barwon Infant Study
- Heath Wing 6 - New blinds for ward