The Barwon Health Foundation Future Fund was established in 2014 to advise on the 40-50 year positioning of University Hospital and to build and grow an endowment to support Barwon Health in the longer term.
The objective of the endowment is to provide funds primarily to support future infrastructure, medical equipment and medical research.
More specifically, an immediate focus has been to support key flagship areas of cutting edge research ... research that has been lauded as world class and being conducted in Geelong. Key areas include:-
- Child Health Research: chronic illness, allergies
- Mental Health Research: novel treatments
- Healthy Ageing: bones, osteoporosis
- Emerging Infectious Diseases: link b/w animals and people
- Cancer: improving regional access to best practice
Click menu below for more information: